It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Edit a JIRA Issue at the same time by two Users result in last save wins

hi together,

we have the following szenario:

two users open the same issue at the same state. (i.e. title: this is my issue).

the first user changes the title to "this is my first issue" and saves the issue.

a few seconds later the second user changes the title to "this was a test and should be deleted" and saves the issue.

this results in an overwrite of the changes the first user made on the title field.

is there any solution to handle that? maybe to lock a JIRA issue if it is edited? or is there any other solution like a merge plugin?

regards,

--dirk

3 answers

This is still a limitation in JIRA and has been raised as an improvement request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1917

1 vote

No, there's no "easy" solution. There's a nice long discussion which covers all the stuff I can ramble about on this subject at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-6146#

I forgot - the bottom of that issue page has links to two plugins that may help

Maybe not exactly what you need but you could grant the edit permission only to the assignee of the issue. so only one user can edit the issue at a time

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

585 views 3 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you