Edit/Delete Default Filters

iloweb February 14, 2020

Hello, i have some question about the default filter on jira. I added custom process (e.g. billed) and a custom workflow. The process billed should close the task as done.

If i use the default filter on projects for open tasks, every task which are billed is also listend as open. So i create a custom search and saved it as a own filter.

1. Is it possible to edit the default filters?
  2. Is it possible to place other custom filters on the boards filter menu?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2020

Hello @iloweb

Thank you for reaching out.

About your first question, I'm afraid it is not possible to edit/remove the default system filters you have in Jira. We have the following feature request open with our development team to implement this customization option:

As an administrator, I would like to customize and add to the System Filters available for each project 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

About your second question, you can click to "star" a filter once you create and save it, so the starred filters will appear right above the left menu in the issue navigator page:

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 17.33.03.png

Additional to that, I would like to comment that if your issues are appearing in the system filters as "Open" although they are in the final status of your workflow, it is probably happening because the resolution field is not properly set for those issues when they reach its final status. This is a very impacting problem because those issues will not be considered as closed in the whole Jira application, including reports.

If that's the case, I suggest you to properly set the resolution for those issues and configure the last transition of your workflow to set the resolution field, as documented in the KBs below:

Jira issues need a resolution 

How to Edit the Resolution of an Issue 

Let us know if you have any questions.

iloweb February 20, 2020

Thank you for your answer. I think the solution "How to Edit the Resolution of an Issue " would work for me. I dosn't know that it's possible to add an function on transistion. I alwayes tried to edit the issue type.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 20, 2020

You are welcome, @iloweb

Let us know in case you have any other questions.

Suggest an answer