Eazybi - from status a to status b

Juan P Gomez February 6, 2017

Hello guys,

I have been trying to create the following report. 

The tasks moved from statuses "a,b,c,d" to status "z", without due date change or that the due date was changed, but for less than 24 hours forward?

In the columns I have:

Measures with the option "Transitions to status" selected. Also, Transitions Status with a calculated formula:

Aggregate({
[Transition Status].[a],
[Transition Status].[b],
[Transition Status].[c],
[Transition Status].[d],
[Transition Status].[z]
})

In the rows I have:

Time

Issues

Thanks for all the assistance.

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
laralg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2019

Comment to check this later!

0 votes
eazyBI Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2017

Hi Juan,

In would be possible to define a new calculated member in "Transition Status" dimension that aggregates your statuses a,b,c,d and then to create a new calculated measure in "Measures" dimension that would count issues that went from one status (or aggregated status member)  to another status (status z in your case).

For example, you could create a calculated member "statuses from" in "Transition Status" dimension using this code

Aggregate({
[Transition Status].[a],
[Transition Status].[b],
[Transition Status].[c],
[Transition Status].[d],
[Transition Status].[z]
})

And then you could create a new calculated measure using this code:

NonZero(
  Count(
    Filter(
      Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
		([Measures].[Transitions to status issues count],
		 [Transition Status].[z]) > 0
		AND
		([Measures].[Transitions from status issues count],
		 [Transition Status].[statuses from]) > 0
    )
  )
)

But there is some limitation how to calculate due date changes and the difference between an old and new value in that JIRA standart field when eazyBI add-on for JIRA Server is used.

Note that usually, due date values are dates without hours, and if a due date is changed the difference is calculated in days, therefore it would not be possible to have this difference as less than 24h

Please contact support@eazybi.com and share more details with screenshots if you have further questions regarding this!

Kind regards,

Martins Vanags / support@eazybi.com

Lars April 3, 2018

Hi Martins,

for me the code worked semi-well. The calculated measure also displays transitions from "In Design" to "Ready for IT Review", while I only want to have Transitions from "Open" or "In Business Analysis" to "Ready for IT Review". Is there any solution for this?

My Codes:

Aggregate({
[Transition Status].[Open],
[Transition Status].[In Business Analysis],
[Transition Status].[Ready for IT Review]
})

&

NonZero(
Count(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
[Transition Status].[Ready for IT Review])>0
AND
([Measures].[Transitions from status issues count],
[Transition Status].[Aggregate Open, In Business Analysis, Ready for IT Review])>0
)
)
)

Best Regards,

Lars

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2018

Hi Lars,

In this case, you could try creating a calculated member in "Transition" dimension where you would aggregate only two members (you can call it perhaps "Two transitions")

Aggregate({
[Transition].[Open => Ready for IT Review],
[Transition].[In Business Analysis => Ready for IT Review]
})

And then you could have a much simpler code for your calculated Measure:

[Transition].[Two transitions])

Best regards,

Like # people like this
Nuria Llobera Vila June 28, 2018

Hi @Sir Mārtiņš Vanags,

I have the same problem than Lars. I tried your code and I get the following error:

There was error when performing your request.
Please retry or go to other page.

I restarted the page and tried again, but there is still the same error. Could you please help me?

Best regards,

Nuria

Sir Mārtiņš Vanags
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2018

Hi Nuria,

You could doublecheck if calculated members are defined correctly both in "Measures" and "Transition Status" dimensions.

If that didn't help please reach out to eazyBI support with more details and provide your current report definition?

Martins / eazyBI support

Suggest an answer