Eazybi epic report on time spent on child tickets by epic custom field type

Chris October 28, 2017

Hi

I am in need of some help creating a report that shows time spent in a jira project on tickets. We have a custom field on our epics which is essentially the epic type. I would like to create a report that shows time spent on the tickets linked to each epic categorised by the custom field that we have at the epic level.

I've already created a report that shows time spent on each epic in each project but I am now stuck on this next level of reporting. 

1 answer

0 votes
Janis Plume (eazyBI)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2017

Chris,

The solution is to create a new calculated measure counting the hours for issues under epic. The formula looks like this:

case
when
  [Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.level.Name = "Epic"
and
  ([Issue Type].[Epic],
   [Measures].[Issues created],
   [Time].Currenthierarchy.DefaultMember)>0
then
  Sum([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Children,
    ([Measures].[Hours spent],
     [Custom_field_epic_type].DefaultMember))
  +
  nonzero((
    [Measures].[Hours spent],
    [Issue Type].[Epic]
  ))
end

This version of the measure works at the epic level of Issue dimension and can show the hours spent measure in the report with the Time dimension.

Best regard,
Janis, eazyBI support

Shyam Suyambu March 1, 2019

Hi Janice, I have this report:

The formula for the “Epic original estimated hours” is this:
(
[Measures].[Original estimated hours],
[Issue Type].[Epic]
)

The formula for the “REH - ST” is an attempted adaptation of your comment as follows:

Sum([Issue].CurrentHierarchyMember.Children,
[Measures].[Remaining estimated hours with sub-tasks])

Basically, I want to get the sum of all “Original estimated hours with sub-tasks” for stories under the Epic. But the formula for REH - ST field is returning null/empty. Could you be kind and help me with this, please?

For various filtering needs (for my managers) at the Epic level, I want to keep the report design and filters at the Epic level, but I want “Original estimated hours with sub-tasks”, “Remaining estimated hours with sub-tasks” and “Hours spent with sub-tasks” as the sum of all stories under the Epics.

I hope I have stated the question clearly enough! Please help me!

Best,
ssh

Suggest an answer