EazyBI - Time in Status

Hello guys,

I have been looking for a config in EazyBI for a while now without success.

I need a way to calculate the average time issues stay in a specific status, like:

Bar 1 = Number of issues in 'To Do' Status
Bar 2 = Average time issues stay in 'To Do' Status

The 'Average Days in Transition' that comes as Default with EazyBI is not quite that, it calculates the average time is takes issues to get to that transition, if i'm not wrong.

Thanks for any insights on this issue. 

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Ariel!

The 'Average days in transition status' is the measure you are looking for. It is showing average days that issue stayed in status that is selected in Transition status dimension.

It is calculated when issue is transitioned from this status (when Transitions from status measure is recorded) and will be shown on Time dimension on date when transition from this status happened. If you are not using the Time dimension then the Average of 'all time' will be displayed. 

Please see example report I created with To Do and In Progress statuses selected on rows. If you click on any of the bars and select 'Drill through issue' you would see which issues are included in the calculation and can go to JIRA to double check the time they they spent in status.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

Hi @Lauma

I am looking for the same thing as Ariel I think

Say in the example below I have To Do - In Progress - In Review - Done

I've created a report - see diagram:

bi.png

The Average days in transition status shows how long the issue spent in the previous transition.

Our WF goes - Input Queue > In Progress > In Review  > Validation > Done.

DZ-1656 hasn't been In Review for 28.39d, that's how long it was In Progress, and it entered In Progress on 3rd July.

Is there a way to report on how long the issue is in the current status?

Thanks

Hi Lisa! Unfortunately I do not see what Status dimension you are using. The Transition Status dimension should be used with Transition status measures to see historical values. For the current status you would use the Status dimension. Please see an example report here https://eazybi.com/accounts/1632/cubes/Issues#report/test%20days%20in%20current%20status that shows Issue current status and there is also a 'Days in Current Status' calculated measure that calculates difference from Status updated date until now. Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this! Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Thanks Laura! I used one of the custom calculated measures you had added and will be using plenty more, thanks for sharing that report it's great!! :D

Hello Laurma! I have been trying to do another report My WF is Input Queue > In Progress > In Review > Validation > Done. I want to get the average time it takes for issues to get from Input Queue to Validation (to go through part of the Workflow) Could you explain/do a sample report? It would be of great help I have a WF with about 20 steps in it and want to get the average time from Step 5 to Step 7, Step 11 to Step 15 and so on Thanks!!!

Hi Lisa, I am sorry I am getting back to you regarding this follow up question only now! You can aggregate several statuses to see average days in transition for those statuses. Please see an example report here https://eazybi.com/accounts/1632/cubes/Issues#report/test%20Average%20days%20in%20transition%20status. Here is also a short description about Aggregate(..) function https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Aggregate. Kind regards, Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Thanks a lot for the "Days in Current Status" !!!

Hello,

I am looking for "Days in current status" could you please assist me on this. I am unable to see the example report link on the above comment.

Thanks
Vinay

We created a new report for tracking last status change.

Please see our new demo report "Days in current status" here:

https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/69885-days-in-the-current-status

Hi there! I opened the report, but could not see any of the Colomes, Pages or Row configuration. What I really want is a used defined measure of the number of days in a status, NOT the Average. Is this possible?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,190 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot