It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

EazyBI: Measure to count issues that are created and due/expiring in the same month. Edited

Marc Lim I'm New Here Jul 05, 2019

Hi, I'm new to mdx language and eazybi in general. I would like to filter my issues across a time period of 12 months. The issues displayed per month should only be those that are created in that month and due for expiry in the same month. E. G for the month of Feb I would want to see all issues created this month, which have a due date in the month of Feb.

Would appreciate some help on this as I'm not sure where to start. Thanks in advance for advices/pointers!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Marc Lim ,

To create the report you are looking for, try to put the Time dimension on rows with "Month" level selected. To get the count of issues, try to create a new calculated member in the Measures dimensions, please have a look a the formula below:

Sum(
Filter(
Descendants([Issue].CurrentMember,[Issue].[Issue]),
DateInPeriod(
[Measures].[Issue created date],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
AND
DateInPeriod(
[Measures].[Issue due date],
[Time].CurrentHierarchyMember
)
), [Measures].[Issues created]
)

The report could look similar to the one below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 16.03.58.png

Kind regards

Roberts // eazyBI support

Marc Lim I'm New Here Sep 13, 2019

Thank you kindly for the reply. The answer worked.

Hi Marc

You can use JQL query for what type of issues you want to get into a list. Write a JQL in Issue Navigator window, search bar .

I provide a sample example query for your reference. I hope this would help you.

Please replace the dates as you require.

"created >= 2019-07-01 AND created <= 2019-07-31 AND due >= 2019-7-1 AND due <= 2019-7-31 order by created DESC"

Chandra

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

236 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you