EazyBI - How to filter so I only see a subset of a dimension

I'm just getting started with EazyBI. I've created a report which uses labels as a Dimension. This works fine. However, I want to limit the reported dimension to only include labels that start with the characters D1.

I assume I need to use a calculated member with the filter function to do this, but need a pointer on how to do so.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi,

If you only want to filter out these label members (without showing totals), you can click on one of the Label names and add "Filter by name" matches: ^D1
This will leave only labels that start with D1. See documentation about using regular expressions (^ symbol to indicate that name has to start with "D1").

Another option is to create a group of labels that start with D1 in Label dimension calculated members. Formula for that would be

Aggregate({
  Generate(Filter(NonEmptyCrossJoin(
      Descendants([Label].CurrentMember, [Label].[Label]),
        [Measures].DefaultMember),
    [Label].CurrentMember.Name MATCHES '^D1.*'), 
  [Label].[Label].CurrentMember )
})

This will also return sum of measures for all labels that start with D1.

Kind regards,
Lauma

Perfect. MDX will soon be my friend.

I would like to do something similar. Instead of filter label names that start with "D1", I would like to create a calculated member that filter by multiple labels. This means that I would like to get a single count of tickets that has specific multiple labels associated with the ticket. How do I define the formula? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

537 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you