• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

EazyBI - Days in Each Status Category Edited

Hello dudes,

Im using EazyBI connected to Jira Cloud.

Im searching for a way to check a measure of time (days, hours, etc) of an issue permanence in different status categories. My specific question is:

Whow long an issue spent in In Progress Status Category?

I've found solutions to answer this but all refered to the current status of the issue, this do not cover answer execution time of Done issues. I'm looking for this answer to do a kind of time control, crossing this time data with other custom fields.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @luis_araujo 

To do this with a reportable field, you could add a custom field (e.g. StatusCategoryInProgress) and update it with an automation rule when issues transition into an In Progress status.  Then you may use created, resolved, and the custom field to measure duration in all three categories as differences between the fields: To Do, In Progress, Done.  We do this to have an accurate measure of Age of WIP stored with issues.

As an alternative, you can purchase add-on products for reporting or measurement that will scan the logs as needed.  You may find these products in the marketplace.

Best regards,

Bill

Hello Bill, many thanks for your attention,

I will explore the the way you suggested, in Jira, it seems to be useful.

I wonder that somehow it was possible in EazyBI defining a calculated member, do you know about this?

Best Regards,

Luis

Hi, Luis.

I have not done that myself with EazyBI, but I was just reading a post yesterday and looking at the documentation for how to do the date/time diff for a calculated member.  Once you have the date/time fields you should be able to do this.  If you search in a browser you should see examples for posts in the community.

Best regards,

Bill

Like luis_araujo likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you