Easy way to create a sprint demo agenda from sprint content?

scott.fawcett September 6, 2019

I'd like to create an agenda for our sprint demo using the current sprint's content.  Ideally, it would just be a list of ticket IDs and Summaries (titles).  I only want bugs and stories...not tasks.  But, if I got it all I could manually delete the tasks.  I can then delete the stories/bugs we don't plan on showing and send the agenda beforehand.

Functionality like exporting the sprint content (I know I can do this for a Release, but that list of tickets isn't the same as the sprint).

Any ideas on how one might do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Ste
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2019

Hi @scott.fawcett

To find issues in open sprints you could use: Sprint in openSprints()

If this isn't sufficient because it shows not just the current sprint but all future sprints - an alternative is to use: Sprint in openSprints() and Sprint not in futureSprints()

This will bring up issues across your whole instance so you will some additional parameters to refine it to just your dataset - for example searching via project, component or similar.

Real-time alternatives to exporting to excel would be 

• Create a dashboard with an issue list - that users can be view prior to the sprint demo
  • Link users to a shared issue filter
  • Create a Confluence page with a Jira filter macro embedded in - this way you could provide more detail on the Confluence page, such as where the demo will take place, who will attend, who will be facilitating, etc
  • Add a quick filter to your Sprint Board users can press - for example, "To Demo"

These options would require you to have the metadata to identify demo issues in Jira - you could:

• Have a status that demo issues reach to be in the demo
  • Add a component or label to issues that identifies them as demo-ready
  • Assign the issues to the user who will facilitate the demo 

So for example, your query might end up looking like this:

project = ABC and issuetype in (Bug, Story) and component = Demo and Sprint in openSprints() and Sprint not in futureSprints()

Ste

0 votes
scott.fawcett September 6, 2019

I may have found a way.  I wrote a filter for the current sprint (hard-coded), at which point I can export the results to an Excel file...and then copy/paste into an email or meeting invite.

So, the only thing outstanding that would make this better is to find a way so I don't have to hard-code the sprint number in the filter.  Is there something like current_sprint that I can use so that, whenever I run the filter, the results are from the current sprint?

Suggest an answer