Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ease issue(s) creation workflow with forms(& automation)

Hello community, 

nice to be part of the team!

I am currently setting up a project (Jira software) for a development team who work on separate initiatives. Each initiative comes with 5 phases. Our approach is to use the epic type for the initiative and story for the phases, sub-task represents the concrete tasks below that. 

This however implies that at least 3 issues have to be created when starting which depicts manual effort. 

My idea was :

• Use a form which gets the most substantial information (5 fields?)
  • An automation combines this information to set-up a clean and consistent epic with all labels and namings according to a defined convention
  • Based on this form information, also create the first 2-5 stories below this epic automatically and name them accordingly for consistency reasons

My experience so far:

• I tried using proforma lite but I was not able to combine information from multiple form fields to for example the labels
  • I did not get automation to run and the automations I could create have only been able to change issue status

Is there a possibility to do that? If yes, then how? Do I need any packages for this? Is there a possibility to do this with free packages only or is there one package that is easily capable of achieving this goal?

Thank you very much 

1 answer

0 votes

Is there no package to achieve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you