Ease issue(s) creation workflow with forms(& automation)

Benjamin Spiess December 21, 2021

Hello community, 

nice to be part of the team!

I am currently setting up a project (Jira software) for a development team who work on separate initiatives. Each initiative comes with 5 phases. Our approach is to use the epic type for the initiative and story for the phases, sub-task represents the concrete tasks below that. 

This however implies that at least 3 issues have to be created when starting which depicts manual effort. 

My idea was :

• Use a form which gets the most substantial information (5 fields?)
  • An automation combines this information to set-up a clean and consistent epic with all labels and namings according to a defined convention
  • Based on this form information, also create the first 2-5 stories below this epic automatically and name them accordingly for consistency reasons

My experience so far:

• I tried using proforma lite but I was not able to combine information from multiple form fields to for example the labels
  • I did not get automation to run and the automations I could create have only been able to change issue status

Is there a possibility to do that? If yes, then how? Do I need any packages for this? Is there a possibility to do this with free packages only or is there one package that is easily capable of achieving this goal?

Thank you very much 

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin Spiess January 2, 2022

Is there no package to achieve this?

Suggest an answer