EMail Notifications - RESOLVED

Adam Stead February 12, 2012

I have followed the OnDemand instructions for the setting up email notifications however the documentation points to a location that does not exsist (well i cant find it)to associate the notification scheme with a project (or all projects if possible)

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA000/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme#CreatingaNotificationScheme-AssociatingaNotificationSchemewithaProject

Thanks for the help.

(even the documentation to get me to this form was incorrect.)

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA000/Getting+Help - There is no Atlassian support tools or any thing that matches what is described.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2012

Hi Adam,

As Atlassian OnDemand has multiple applications, by default when you go into the administration screen you will see the General administration page as opposed to the JIRA specific administration page. From the page you've taken a screenshot of you just need to click 'configure' to the right of 'HIVESMS (JIRA)'. That will take you to the JIRA specific configuration page, and you'll be able to select a notification scheme.

Alternatively you can click the 'Issues' heading up in the top left to go to the JIRA administration page, and then navigate to your project from there. :)

Cheers,

Matt

Adam Stead February 14, 2012

AWESOME thanks matt, i could not find it before. THANKS SO MUCH. :D

0 votes
Adam Stead February 13, 2012

The links do work and yes the section on creating the notification links are good. However if you scroll down to the Associating a Notification Scheme with a Project the section is not at all what is in our system. Same as the Getting help there is not even a section as described in the documentation

I have included a screen shot of the summary section to see what i am talking about.I am the administrator for the account, there are no errors displayed, it just looks different to what is described in the doco.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2012

Er, both of those links work fine for me, and the doc on creating a notification scheme is correct. Could you tell us what errors you are seeing when you try to go to that page?

Suggest an answer