Dynamic link from a part of a JIRA ticket to a MS-Word document

Richard Tuft
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2018

This is possibly a naïve question, but I am very new to working with JIRA.

Is it possible to create a direct link between a table on a JIRA ticket to a MS-Word document? (An example is shown in the image below.)

There are several hundred variants of the table shown which need to be included in the operating instructions. As changes are likely to be made over time, it would be good to link to the source rather than export the ticket and edit a section out of the Word file created.

Alternatively, is it possible to export just the "Aggregation Table" from each of the JIRA tickets?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Example JIRA ticket section.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2018

Hi Richard,

you could add a link to your MS-Word-document if it is on a shared file system like that:

file://x:/path/to/the/document/documentname.xls

But to use these kind of links, you have to install add-ons for most browers, e.g. Locallinks for Chrome or Local Filesystem links for Firefox. 

Richard Tuft
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 1, 2018

Thanks for your response Thomas.

I'll run your suggestion past the techies here and see if it is a viable/allowable within our development environment.

Like GennadyNK likes this

Suggest an answer