Duplicating an old instance

Sean Patrick Egnew
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2018

Hello!

I am currently the project admin for a software dev team. We currently access Jira Software through a host site called DI2E. I would like to bring schemes over from the old instance hat we still have access to. Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Sean

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ravi Varma
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2018

Hi @Sean Patrick Egnew,

There multiple ways to deal with this based on what you want to accomplish.

1. Are you talking about only configurations or underlying issues as well
  2. If you are talking about only configurations pertaining to workflows, you can import workflows in the target instance by importing the workflow xml.
  3. A full fledged solution would be consolidating all the configurations, schemes and data from old instance into the new/target instance. Complexity involved in this depends on the number of custom fields, workflows, configurations and schemes and number issues created in each project.

If you can provide, specific inputs then I can provide more insights needed for addressing your problem

Regards,

Ravi Varma

Sean Patrick Egnew
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 19, 2018

Thank you! 

I am really trying to get the schemes over from the old to the hosted instance. I do not have the ability to create schemes on the hosted instance and have been unlucky getting them to the Jira Admin of DI2E. I will give your suggestion a shot.

Sean

Suggest an answer