Due date shown on jira next-gen board does not match the due date on the issue itself

Kyle August 7, 2019

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have a Jira next-gen project with a kanban board.

I create an issue and set the due date to August 10, 2019 (which is displayed as 2019/08/10). Close the issue detail view.

The card on the board shows the due date as Aug 09 - instead of Aug 10.

as seen on the issue itself:

due_date_on_issue.png

as seen on the board:

due_date_on_board.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kyle August 13, 2019

I submitted this to Atlassian support and it is a known bug in Cloud next-gen boards identified June 19, 2019. Watch this bug report if you want to follow it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17961

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2019

Hi @Kyle ,

Have you tried to modify the value of the expiration date again, and the values in these two places are still inconsistent after the update?

t.png

Kyle August 8, 2019

Yes. When I update the due date on the issue, the date on the card also updates but is still a day off. I am using a next-gen kanban board.

due_date_inconsistent.png  

I did some more testing and found that this is only a problem on my next-gen board. On a kanban board showing issues from a normal Jira project the due date on the issue is accurately shown on the card on the board.

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2019

Hi @Kyle ,

If you create a new issue, will there be different due date at these two places?

I tried to test in my next-gen project, but I didn't find a similar situation.

Maybe you can try rebuilding the index to see if it can be solved.

If it still doesn't work, please contact the support team.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Kyle August 12, 2019

Yes, every issue I create new or old has the difference in due dates between the issue view and the kanban card view.

We use Jira Cloud which doesn't have a reindex option.

Thanks for your suggestions, I am opening up a support ticket with Atlassian.

-kyle

Like # people like this
Dave_Liao September 18, 2019

@Kyle looks like Atlassian rolled out a fix the week after - hopefully your due dates are appearing consistently now?

Kyle September 18, 2019

Yes with that bugfix it is working as expected now.

Nilesh Patel January 28, 2021

Hi @Ollie Guan and @Kyle and @Dave_Liao I am experiencing this same issue today 2021/01/28. 

Anyone else seeing the same. What can be done to resolve this in Jira Cloud.
This is happening with Due Date as well as any custom date field in NextGen Jira. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

BUG: Actually the issue is the History reports the incorrect date by 1 day but the actual date in the field is correct

Kyle February 8, 2021

@Nilesh Patel I checked one of my next gen kanban boards. The Due Date set on the issue is being displayed accurately on the kanban board card. There was a fix back in 2019 and it has been working correctly since then.

Double check the timezone that you have set on your personal profile page. Maybe something is off there.

Nilesh Patel February 8, 2021

@Kyle Thanks for the suggestion about checking the time zone under Atlassian account > Account preferences > Language & Region > Time Zone this appears to be set correctly. 
Is there another location where the time zone setting should be checked?
If not then there may still an issue with timezone  when looking specifically at the History vs the date value stored in the date field. 

Suggest an answer