Due date set in hours - how to?

Rumceisz August 10, 2014

Hi Everyone,

our service operations project need a specific due date field which enables setting due date for hours not only days.I mean if sy creates a certain type of issue then the due date will be the creation moment + 4 hours. Is it possible?

And a further request would be the consideration of working hours. For instance: if the working hours are between 8AM-5PM and sy creates an issue at 4PM then the due date (4 hours) should be automatically on next working day at 11AM. Is there a plugin achieving this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2014

Due date is a date field. You put a date in it.

You need to script or code for this type of thing, especially given your working-day rules. I'm not aware of any plugin that gets even vaguely close - everywhere I've seen it done, it's a local plugin or script in the script runner (oh, and you'll struggle with due date too, it's a date. No time element)

Orlandea Alin November 28, 2017

Hi, I was looking for a solution too, but it seems that there isn't any. Thanks !

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2017

Er, that's because it's wrong - there's no "solution" because there is no "problem" with the due data, you're just thinking of the wrong type of field.

What you need to do is write a script or some code that reads due date and works out a new value for a second field.

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
Orlandea Alin November 30, 2017

Thanks Nic for the sugestion! 

Suggest an answer