Due date field is missing when creating issue.

I am an administrator of a project and I have tried to find out how to enter a due date for an issue but no previous answers are clear.  I cannot find an 'Administration' page or a place to alter permissions.  The nearest I can find is a Project Settings page which shows Permissions and a list where 'Schedule Issue' just tells me who can do it.  I cannot find a place to enable due dates to appear in issues.

Can anyone assist?

1 answer

Hi Shane,

Try using the 'Where is my field?' - which appears top right hand corner of the Create Issue popup window.

It will tell you why you don't see that field -- it'll be to do with your field configuration scheme for that issue type, the field screen in use or perhaps the permission scheme.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your response Melinda.  I don't have a 'Where is my field'.  I have a 'Configure Fields' and it does not include the due date option there.

Any other ideas?

Check with your sys admin, they will have access to 'Where is my field?'.  It will let you know if Due date field is in your field configuration for that issue type -- alternatively, you can go check that out. 

As per:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/due-date-field-is-missing-189431917.html

The "where is my field" link is under the "configure fields" button - you have to click "configure fields" to get it.

Hi All, thanks for your responses.  I think my administrator must have set this instance up in a weird way.  I don't have the 'Where is my field' under the 'Configure Fields' and I don't have the gear icon to check for issue permissions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,189 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot