Drop-down list limit

Michal H. September 7, 2022

Hi community,

I´ve got one question. We are using Team-managed project in Jira Cloud. Unfortunatelly we hit on the limit in Drop-down list. It is 55 items. Is there any possibility to extend this limit?

Thank you.

Mike

3 answers

3 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

ok but I need to include all items then filter by typing.. and I have more than 55 items or is there any other way ?

thx

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Bakkers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2022

Hello @Michal H. 

No. There is a hard coded limit of 55 items that CANNOT BE INCREASED by 'another way'.

It's also stated in the custom field documentation for team-managed projects:

"You can add up to 55 options in a dropdown field."

Google 'jira 55 option limit', which will provide the same answer, and links to the feature requests JSWCLOUD-20914 and JRACLOUD-77917 where you can vote to increase the limit.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2022

Hi

By limit, do you mean the number of items it will display on the form. 

If your start typing the list will filter the available results as you go.

The number isn't configurable and for large lists it is unusable if it displays everything.

Hi,
ok but I need to include all items then filter by typing.. and I have more than 55 items or is there any other way ?

thx

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events