Download more than 3000 issues at a time excel file

DeepakBhatia June 14, 2012

Hi,

I have 4700 issues in my project in JIRA.

I am facing two problems

1. When I list all the issues in issue navigator, it displays 1000 issues. But I can download 3000 at a time.

2. When I goto to issue 3001 to 4700, it agains downloads from 1 to 3000.

How can I download all the 4700 issues at a time ?

Thanks

Deepak Bhatia

1 answer

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

Have a look at here and make the necessary modification for your version

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Export+More+Than+1000+Results+to+Excel

Hi Parthis,

I am getting following error

Access to the specified resource (You are not allowed to get a result set of more than 3000 results. Current search returns 4702 results) has been forbidden.

Regards

Deepak Bhatia

parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2012

You need to grant permissions as well like so

jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group = jira-administrators

this should go in a file called jira-config.properties under jira.home

if you dont see a file there create one and add this property

I am updating the jira-config.properties with

jira.search.views.default.max = 6000
jira.search.views.max.limit = 6000

Thanks, you mean if I set

jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group = jira-administrators

Then only JIRA Administrator will be able to view maximum

My new jira-config file has following values

jira.search.views.default.max = 6000
jira.search.views.max.limit = 6000
jira.search.views.max.unlimited.group = jira-users

As we have users who mostly access JIRA from LAN....Please confirm, Thanks....

parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 14, 2012

looks good .. dont forget to restart .. a word of caution .. this is not a default for a reason and might affect your performance.. use it with care

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2012

To echo Parthis' warning - downloads of more than a couple of thousand issues WILL kill your performance if you do them a lot. If it's irregular and only one or two people do it, you'll be fine, but if 30 people all run similar large downloads at 2pm on a Thursday because it's a meeting time, you will find the server grinds to a halt.

It's always worth questioning people doing large downloads - it usually means they need training, help or that they've got a broken business requirement. In some rare cases, they actually need some code to help them.

Suggest an answer