Download more than 1000 records

Carolina Fajardo January 2, 2013

Hello, I need to download in excel a search with 1.800 records, but the system allows me to download only 1.000 records, how I can change this maximum value?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013

Basically, in order to be able to export more then one thousand issues, you will need to:

1. Create a new jira-config.properties file inside your JIRA-HOME folder;
  2. Add the following options to the new file:
    jira.search.views.default.max = 1500

This property sets a 'soft' limit on the number of issues returned. This number can be overruled by copying the export URL and changing the end.

jira.search.views.max.limit = 2000

This one sets a 'hard' limit, meaning that even if you try to overrule the export as mentioned above, you wont be able. If a user makes an issue view request that would return more than 2000 issues (in this example), JIRA does not return the issues but instead returns a 403 (Forbidden) error. This prevents JIRA from consuming lots of resources and possibly running out of memory.

3. Make sure you set the value of jira.search.views.max.limit to greater than or equal to the 'soft' limit set by jira.search.views.default.max. Otherwise all search views that would return issues limited by the default 'soft' limit will instead return a 403 (Forbidden) error.

4. After making all the modifications, restart JIRA.

Two things that may cause this not to work are: 1- Blank spaces after the option value (i.e. make sure the value is not set as "2000 ") and 2- The file is created as jira-config.properties.txt

After this, you should be able to export the number of results you've configured in the options above.

1 vote
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2013
Cristina Figueroa February 2, 2022

I followed the instructions and I am getting the "forbidden 403" error when I try changing the limit on the download link.  I remember seeing instructions on how to download the data in batches...for example, by default, I get the most current 1000 rows...how can I get the next batch of 1000 rows, and the next? 

Suggest an answer