Don't include project name in page title

Aaron Sher March 28, 2013

When I open JIRA, the page title (the <title> tag in the page, that shows up in the browser tab) shows "Project Name - Title", where Title is the one I've set in JIRA's General Configuration page. Unfortunately, the project name that it shows is the very first one I ever accessed, and never changes. I'd really like this to not include the project name at all, because we work for multiple clients and I don't want that to be visible to other clients. That is, I'd like the page title to just be what I configured in the settings, with no project title added to it.

Does anybody know how to make that happen?

Thanks,
Aaron

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013

Too bad. Without the screenshot, it's hard to tell where you are in JIRA and what you want to do.

The only suggestion is to put some Javascript in the Annoucement Banner to manipulate the DOM.

Aaron Sher March 31, 2013

The point is, it doesn't matter where I am in JIRA. The project name shows up in the page title (in the browser tab), outside of the page content entirely. It's there on every JIRA page, regardless of what I'm doing. Clearly, there's code in JIRA that's doing this, and it's a bit hard to imagine that other people aren't seeing it. Do you really see that the page title is equal to the value you entered on the JIRA configuration page?

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2013
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2013

"asd" is the summary of the issue. "demonstration" is the project name. And "DEMO" is the project key.

What are "asd" and "Demonstration" in those examples?

Thanks,
Aaron

Heh...never mind. Apparently at some point I created a dashboard named after the project, and that's what was showing up (and it was only on the first page, I just stopped looking at the browser tab after the page came up.) Pilot error...

Thanks,
Aaron

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2013

More like PEBKAC. Hehe!

0 votes

In case that's not clear, "Vanteon" is the title set in the JIRA configuration, and "My Project Name" is the name of my very-first-ever project. That project is disabled and nobody's touched it in quite a long time, yet it still appears in the page title.

0 votes

Well, I can't post an actual screenshot because the project name is confidential (which is mostly why I want to get rid of it!), but here's the top of the page source with the project name redacted. Note the title tag.

&lt;!DOCTYPE html&gt;
&lt;html&gt;
&lt;head&gt;
&lt;meta charset="utf-8"&gt;
&lt;meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge;chrome=1" /&gt;

&lt;title&gt;My Project Name - Vanteon&lt;/title&gt;
&lt;meta name="application-name" content="JIRA" data-name="jira" data-version="5.2.9"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-dev-mode" content="false"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-context-path" content=""&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-version-number" content="5.2.9"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-build-number" content="852"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-remote-user" content="asher"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-remote-user-fullname" content="Aaron Sher"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-user-locale" content="en_US"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-app-title" content="Vanteon"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-keyboard-shortcuts-enabled" content="true"&gt;
&lt;meta name="ajs-enabled-dark-features" content="[&amp;quot;jira.frother.reporter.field&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;jira.user.darkfeature.admin&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;frother.assignee.field&amp;quot;,&amp;quot;com.atlassian.jira.config.CoreFeatures.KICKASS_SEARCH&amp;quot;]"&gt;

&lt;meta name="ajs-admin-quicksearch-show" content="true"&gt;

&lt;meta name="ajs-whats-new-iframe-src-override" content=""&gt; &lt;meta name="ajs-whatsnew-full-link" content="https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/docs-052/whatsnew/iframe?e=YXNoZXJAdmFudGVvbi5jb20%3D&amp;amp;od=false&amp;amp;a=true&amp;amp;pa=true"&gt;

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2013

Screenshots?

Suggest an answer