Does the status of issues shared if those are linked from two different projects?

박주호 December 10, 2019

Hello, I was wondering if there are an issue A in project A and an issue B in project B and issue A and B are linked, is there such an add-on or feature that automatically changes issue B's status when issue A's status got changed? 

So, 

Issue A from project A

Issue B from project B

Issue A - Issue B (Linked)

If issue A's status changed from Working -> Done, 

can issue B's status be changed to Done as well? (by Add-on / feature whatever)

Thank you.  

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

There are some automation and scripting apps that would enable you to set this up. 

I know ScriptRunner can do it (as I work for Adaptavist, I've picked up cases where people want such scripts, and then nicked https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/transition-an-issue-using-issue-input-parameters to do most of the work).  I suspect some of the others can do it as well.

0 votes
Mehmet Şirin Usanmaz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

Hi,

You can do it using JQL functions. If you want a detailed plugin you can try the following plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214791/jql-search-extensions-for-jira-reports?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Thanks,

Mehmet Sirin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

Um, sorry, the question was about changing status, not finding issues.

Suggest an answer