Does the Sales Dept. exist?

Zach Nelson January 18, 2012

Why is it so hard to get a response from the sales department? We're evaluating several tools and every other vendor is all over us with answers, support, demos, walk-thru's - anything we could ask for during our evaluation period. We've sent two communications to Atlassian in the past 24 hours and still not a word from them.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
MelodieA January 18, 2012

Hi Zach,

Thanks for your post.

We, the Atlassian sales team, are currently experiencing higher than average email and call volume. The current email response time is estimated to be around 24-30 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and will get back to you shortly to address any questions or concerns you might have. Alternatively, please always feel free to call us directly (415.701.1110) should you have an urgent matter that needs immediate resolution. We're here to help!

For some background, Atlassian is different from most software companies when it comes to how we sell our software. Our primary focus is building incredible software and making it affordable and accessible by keeping the prices low. In order to do this we rely on a slightly different sales model.

A key difference is we do not have a traditional outside sales force who would normally provide onsite visits, product demos and negotiate contracts. Our sales model is closer to a retail e-commerce model - product license keys are purchased from our website via our [online order form](http://www.atlassian.com/purchase) and not through a sales rep.

Instead, we encourage people to evaluate our products, and then contact our team of dedicated sales engineers (via email, chat or phone) with specific questions about our products. Our sales engineers do their best to quickly provide straightforward answers to your questions. Our sales engineers do not work on commission, so their goal is to provide you with the information you need to decide if our products fit your need.

While evaluating an Atlassian product, you are entitled to assistance from our dedicated technical support team. They can help with specific technical issues that may arise during your evaluation.

I hope this explains! We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Zach Nelson January 18, 2012

Thank you, Melodie. We're on the verge of writing a check for a suite of tools and once I get a few questions answered we'll be able to move forward. I wasn't aware that your sales dept. operated more along the lines of a support dept. - hopefully my email from yesterday is addressed soon - we're anxious to move forward.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2012

Definitely. I'm in northern Europe, so there's a bit of a time-delay to Australia, but I've never had to wait for more than two days for a fix, and I've always had a response by the end of my next working day.

Suggest an answer