Does not generate the issue automatic in a post function with Jira Workflow Toolbox?

shahjad ahemad March 23, 2023

Does not generate the issue automatic in a post function with Jira Workflow Toolbox?

after changing the issue transition when I check the log for JWT I'm getting Issue type not found. what I am doing here I am just passing issue type in custom field.

Can some one guide me how I can add issue type from custom field. Please help me to resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2023

Hi @shahjad ahemad 

It would be great if you could post an image of your JWT post function.

shahjad ahemad March 24, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for quick response

PFA of JWT post function.  here for issue type I am passing value using custom field where value is "Task"

image_67140609 (1).jpg

Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2023

Hello @shahjad ahemad and @Alex Koxaras _Relational_,

I am part of the Support Team of Decadis and I will gladly help you with this problem.

In JWT for Jira Cloud it is necessary to use the ID of the issue types instead of the issue type names in order to set the Issue type field in the Create issue post function.

You can retrieve the issue type ID of the transitioned issue with the following field code in General mode:

%{issue.issueType.id}

If you need to do it differently, please, let us know what you intend to do. We will gladly help you.

If you need more information you can always visit our documentation or contact us via our Support Service Desk.

Best regards,

Vicente

Thanks @Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_  for your response we want to achieve something different. for example we are having custom fieldname "test" which is having list values matching to issue type. through "test" field how we can get the id of issue type.

Because we want to have issue created in different project and user must choose the issue type. this automation rules will only applicable for issue type "Epic". Please help me to figure out the solution I have tried many solutions but no success. I am not able to get the issue id from different custom field.

Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2023

Hello @shahjad ahemad

The parser function getMatchingValue() can be used for this purpose. It will select an element of a list based on the position of a value in a previous list. This value is indicated usually with the field code of a custom field.

For instance, when the Test custom field contains the option Bug, the ID of the issue type Bug will be matched in the following expression. Please, note that both elements are in the second position of the respective lists.

%{getMatchingValue(%{issue.cfnnnnn}, ["Epic", "Bug", "Story"],["10000", "10010", "10007"])}

This expression could be adapted to match all of the issue types of your choice with their IDs in the Issue type field of the Create issue post function.

Please, let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Vicente

Like shahjad ahemad likes this
shahjad ahemad March 27, 2023

Hello @Vicente Domínguez _Decadis AG_ 

The above solution worked for now I'm able to fetch the issue type id. Thank you so much help..

Regards

Shahjad

Suggest an answer