Does dragging issues in filter view does not change Rank?

Jorge Suarez December 5, 2019

When looking at a filter view, if I have it ordered by rank and move issues around, it appears to have no effect on Rank and snaps back to original order when I hit Search again.  Is this expected behavior? (based on what I read from years old answers, only Boards modify rank?)

If so, it is bad UI design to allow people to move them around in a filter as it gives a false sense of functionality.

2 answers

0 votes
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2019

Yeah, here's a bug report on that issue - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-66473

In addition to giving the impression that dragging and dropping updates rank, as you point out, I find that it sometimes makes clicking on an issue to navigate to it difficult.

-Payne

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2019

Hi Jorge,

As you said issue only can be ranked on boards if some requirements are meet, as per documentation says:

To rank an issue:

Navigate to your Scrum backlogActive sprintsKanban backlog (if enabled), or Kanban board.

References:

Let us know if this answer solves your doubts,

Regards

Suggest an answer