Does dragging an issue between columns in the Active Sprint view trigger post functions?

Alexis Evans December 14, 2022

I have a pretty specific question that I'm having trouble finding anything about on Google.

When you transition an issue using the transition buttons on the issue itself, it uses one of the workflow transitions and triggers post functions associated with that transition.

When you transition an issue from the Active Sprint screen by dragging it to another column, does that act the same as if you clicked the button? Does it trigger any post functions?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2022

Yes.

The boards are a different visualisation of the issues, with status being the columns.  So dragging between columns must be a status change, and status change is done only by transitions in the workflow!

The "back end" does not care how you trigger a transition!

Alexis Evans December 16, 2022

Thank you! I was curious because what if there are multiple transitions, each with separate post functions for example, and they both go from the same status to the same status? If you drag the issue from one status to another, rather than using the buttons, how will it decide which post function to run?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2022

Mmm, that's a good question, when you've got multiple transitions to the same status

I am 95% sure that there is a simple answer of "it will use the first one it finds in the workflow definition".  So whichever transition was created in the workflow editor first, chronologically.

Like Alexis Evans likes this

Suggest an answer