Does anyone know of a existing genomic workflow for JIRA?

jwchaney July 12, 2017

Just looking for an existing genomic workflow that I could start off as a base ang go from there

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2017

What's a "genomic workflow"?

jwchaney July 13, 2017

I work for a biotech company and our scientist take the genes from seeds and are splicing them and adding different "things" (scientific term) :) in the seeds for better yield. This process is quite a series of steps and I thought maybe someone had possibly started a JIRA workflow that I could modify. Typically scientist use what is called LIMS software to track this process but I thought maybe JIRA could handle it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

Oh, excellent, you really did mean what you said!  Most people here are in software one way or another, so I wondered if you really meant it.

I'd say a simple "yes" to the thought that you could do it in JIRA - it is a workflow engine at it's heart and it's there to model and track a process.

However, despite having worked with a company building something in JIRA to track CRISPR work, I've got to say I'm stuck on a pre-built workflow.

A few years ago, there was a related talk you might find interesting - https://summit.atlassian.com/archives/2012/jira-everywhere/robots-are-team-members-too

jwchaney July 13, 2017

Sweet! Thanks I'll check it out

Suggest an answer