Does anyone know of a existing genomic workflow for JIRA?

Just looking for an existing genomic workflow that I could start off as a base ang go from there

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

What's a "genomic workflow"?

I work for a biotech company and our scientist take the genes from seeds and are splicing them and adding different "things" (scientific term) :) in the seeds for better yield. This process is quite a series of steps and I thought maybe someone had possibly started a JIRA workflow that I could modify. Typically scientist use what is called LIMS software to track this process but I thought maybe JIRA could handle it

Oh, excellent, you really did mean what you said!  Most people here are in software one way or another, so I wondered if you really meant it.

I'd say a simple "yes" to the thought that you could do it in JIRA - it is a workflow engine at it's heart and it's there to model and track a process.

However, despite having worked with a company building something in JIRA to track CRISPR work, I've got to say I'm stuck on a pre-built workflow.

A few years ago, there was a related talk you might find interesting - https://summit.atlassian.com/archives/2012/jira-everywhere/robots-are-team-members-too

Sweet! Thanks I'll check it out

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,042 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot