Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Does anybody know how you prepopulate custom fields in the TestRail push defect Jira plugin?

Hi, I'm using TestRail with a Jira plugin.  I have some fields in Jira which are required, so i have added these custom fields to the Jira defect plugin in TestRail like this:

[push.fields]

customfield_10408=on

[field.settings.customfield_10408]
label=Expected Results
size=compact
type=text
required=true

The above field is the expected results field in Jira. I want to prepopulate this expected results field in Jira, from my expected results from my test case in test rail, so that  don't have to fill it out each time i want to push a defect to Jira.  Does any body know how to do this?

Thanks,

Jamie.

1 answer

Hello Jamie,

Thanks for your post.

If you configure the field properties correctly to match the field in Jira, you would be able to fill that field when you push a defect and it should populate correctly in Jira.
If you do the same for a dropdown field, it should even populate with values from Jira when defects are pushed.

Please check this out for more details. If you have any additional queries, please let me know or feel free to email our support team directly at contact@gurock.com.

Regards,
Shanu
TestRail Community Manager

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you