Does a Sprint require an end date?

Dan Rahi November 27, 2021

Does a Sprint require an end date? In other words, can I create a sprint that has no end date (can go on forever)?

Why asking: Because an issue will be done when (whenever) I put/drag it in "Done" column. Right? - And, I want to see all my issues (stories and tasks) on one board. So, I can have one sprint board with issues coming in (To Do) and be worked on (In Progress), and then being completed (Done). I dont want or need to keep managing sprints by completing sprints and then creating sprints.

To me it makes more sense if the timelines/time periods are assigned to individual issues (instead of the sprints). 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 27, 2021

Hi @Dan Rahi 

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Well you need to  provide start and end date but you are not forced to complete sprint on that date (or  any other date). 

Nevertheless, probably Scrum board is not the best suited for your needs. You can create Kanban board and in its configuration disable "Hide completed issues older than" feature. That way you will have a board with no dissapearing issues in it.

Best regards,

Piotr

Dan Rahi November 29, 2021

Thank you, I will try that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS