Does Xray supports Jira data center (on-prem) migration to the Jira & Xray cloud

Yaniv Aroch June 30, 2022

Hello, 

We're using Jira data center on-prem, I want to integrate Xray plugin to it but I need to know that in the future (~1 year) we can migrate successfully to Jira cloud (Xray cloud)? 

2 answers

1 vote
Deepak Rai
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

If you are looking to migrate from Jira Server/DC to Jira Cloud, you need to consider the differences between Xray Server/DC and Xray Cloud. These differences might affect how your users work and interact with Xray.

The ideas, goals, and major features are the same. However, while there is great similarity between them, there are a few subtle differences between the two versions. This is mainly due to:

• Jira architecture - The way apps work in Server and Cloud is completely different. In Server, apps can integrate with many aspects of Jira, while on Cloud, there are a lot of integration points missing, e.g. JQL functions, Project Templates, etc
  • Product Age - Xray Cloud is a newer product. Therefore, some of the features are not yet present (e.g. Automated Step Library, Historic Test Coverage report), although we plan to include these features in future releases

Hope this will help you.

Thank you so much, I appreciate your response. It's really helpful

Like Deepak Rai likes this
Yaniv Aroch July 3, 2022

@Deepak Rai Another question if you know, can I migrate easily from one Jira cloud -Xray to another different Jira cloud - Xray? I'm asking because as an alternative I might work with Jira cloud until we upgrade our data center to the cloud (it might take 6 months...)

0 votes

FYI - the Jira data center version is 8.5.3

Suggest an answer