Does ScriptRunner for JIRA use REST API?

6 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Scriptrunner for JIRA does implement a REST API to allow integration from outside JIRA for performing tasks. 

Here is the documentations for the REST API Endpoints:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/rest-endpoints.html 

Note to CQ admins - I pressed the wrong button, I meant to flag it NOT as spam, but no way to undo.

OP: Can you be specific? It has a rest api, but doesn't directly call jira's rest api.

FWIW, I hit "not spam", hopefully balances it out

Hi Jamie,

I am considering using ScriptRunner to change the workflow based on the value field in the an issue. Some solutions were proposed here. We have some performance concerns about letting everyone uses REST API. The functions needed for the moment may not have an impact on performance. How one can tell whether a function called is not using REST API?

Thank you,

-Ann

I just don't see how the rest api comes in to this.

Nor do I.  The REST API exposes JIRA to calls from other systems, so they can query and update JIRA issues.  You can think of it as a (slightly less feature-rich) user interface on to JIRA that is aimed at computers instead of humans.

The Script Runner adds lots of functions to JIRA that give you a lot more flexibility and power inside it. 

I'm not sure what the question is now, as they're not really related to each other.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you