Does Jira require any specific permission to run in IE8? (e.g. Trusted Domains)

Leandro Nunes May 23, 2011

I wonder if is really needed add the Jira server address into the trusted sites list when using IE8. Will I be able to enjoy all functionalities even in case of don't change anything on browser configs?

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2011

This depend on the current security level of the current 'Web content zone' in which your JIRA server address is placed in. If it is not placed in any other zone, it automatically belongs to the 'Internet' zone.

If a (custom) security level is defined for whatever the zone to which your JIRA server belongs, and if that security level blocks javascripts and popus, that affects the functionality of JIRA.

Dashboard gadgets and certain other end user functionalities requiore javascript.

User picker needs popup to be enabled.

As a suimmary what I can say is, you need to check it with the securitry level. However, if security levels are set to default, you don't need to change any specific security settings.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2011

It shouldn't be necessary to add JIRA as a trusted site in IE8 - I do all my testing without this option and have never encountered a problem.

0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2022

No longer relevant 

0 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2011

Trusted Sites is not necessary for JIRA. In fact, IE8 is listed as a supported platform by Atlassian.

Suggest an answer