Does Jira allow multiple workflows in the same project

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

Does Jira allow multiple workflows in the same project

2 answers

3 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

Yes, but only partially. You can have a workflow scheme assigned to a project and the scheme can have different workflows for different issuetypes. It is not possible to have multiple workflows for the same issuetype, in the same project.

So its possible to do Multiple Workflows, 1 for each issue in the same project from what you are telling us, correct?  but how I been looking everywhere and yet to find how to do that.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2011

I am also looking at this type of issue from the perspective of support verses development. Their workflows are different and the support workflow needs to feed into development workflow but without exposing the development workflow. I was thinking that I could create a new issue type for support to use that can be assigned to only support users. When the support is ready to turn over the issue to development, they can change the issue type. I have not yet figured out if we can restrict users to certain issue types or not. I would attempt to make the development open state available to the support group, but then disallow access or read-only access to the development workflow for the remaining states. When the issue is resolved by development, they would change the issue type back into the support issue type.

good idea, I wonder how to do that too, as well as make some users not have access to certain parts of my project, if a user sign up from E-mail / Jira account , that user has complete access to my project, which is not the idea, just want them to be able to see part of it (Issue ticket) that I shared with them and able to comment it, but nothing else.

Suggest an answer