Do you have different pricing for non-profit organizations?

Emily Luttman October 5, 2017

interested in JIRA Software/Portfolio pricing

3 answers

3 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2019

Hello

I wanted to update with some changes Atlassian has recently made this month regarding Atlassian Cloud licenses for some non-profit organizations.  Please see https://www.atlassian.com/licensing/purchase-licensing#licensing-7 for more details.  From that page:

Beginning July 1, 2019, Atlassian offers Community Cloud licensing at 75% off list price. Please note that Community Cloud pricing includes Atlassian core products and Apps, and does not include third-party Marketplace Apps, Trello, Bitbucket, Opsgenie, Statuspage, or Jira Align.

You can apply for Community Licenses by completing our Community License Request Form.

So while Community Cloud licensing is not free, there are significant discounts now available for non-profits that meet the requirements:

7. What are the conditions for an Atlassian Community License? How can I apply?

Atlassian is happy to provide free Server (self-hosted) licenses for registered charitable non-profit organizations which are non-government, non-academic, non-commercial in nature, have no religious affiliation and that would not otherwise be able to afford Atlassian software.

I hope this helps to update and clarify the currently available licensing options.

Cheers,

Andy

Satvik Sharma August 7, 2019

Hi @Andy Heinzer ,

Is there anywhere tracking if the Cloud discount for the Community Licenses will be enabled for Marketplace apps in future? As it stands, vendors can't generate promos for Cloud so we can't even discount our apps for Community Cloud manually if we want to.

Thanks,
Satvik Sharma
Developer, Easy Agile

Like # people like this
2 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 5, 2017

Hi Emily,

As a non-profit you can receive a Community License for your products.  You can go to Atlassian Community License Request to request a license:

Atlassian supports organizations that seek to do good in the world. If yours is a charitable organization, you can apply for a no-cost community license for Server apps. Cloud apps are not part of the program. Once your organization has a community license for an Atlassian Server product, you can request additional licenses from Atlassian sales representatives, including community licenses for Server apps you obtain through the Marketplace.

One thing to note is that unlike the Commercial license the Community license does not include Source Code:

Atlassian Community Licenses do not include full source, require that the server must be used only for the organisation the license was provided for, and cannot be used with Atlassian Cloud.

Cheers,

Branden

Brandon McConnell May 28, 2020

Which part of the source code is not provided to nonprofit teams? If we use Jira Server for our nonprofit team, will we still be able to customize our Jira Server instance or is it un-customizable?

Alex Janes November 2, 2020

@Brandon McConnell even without the source code, we have been able to make some pretty significant customizations to the way everything is displayed.

I would go ahead and get your community server license, and just poke around in the installation. You'll find there is actually a lot available to customize.

Additionally, community licenses receive the same discount on marketplace addons. So that might be able to handle whatever customizations you need.

Like Cynthia Ito likes this
0 votes
Melanie July 5, 2022

This may be the wrong place for this question, but is there anywhere I can offer my services as a Jira architect/admin as volunteer work?

Adnan Reh February 6, 2023

Absolutely we would need a hand

Like Melanie likes this
mattcascio January 16, 2024

Hi @Melanie , we’d love to have your help at American Red Cross. We’re a long time Atlassian Community License holder. We also have a volunteer program called Code4Good for tech volunteers like yourself. Interested?

Melanie January 16, 2024

@mattcascio how can I reach you directly? Would be happy to help.

Melanie January 16, 2024

You can reach me at hensley.melanie@yahoo.com, @mattcascio 

Melanie January 16, 2024

@Adnan Reh I would be happy to chat with you about your organization and its jira architect needs.

Suggest an answer