Do we have a JQL to pull the subtask under a epic or a jira story?

Sachin_Argade
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

EPIC 1-> Story 2-> Subtask 1, Subtask 2

-> Story 3-> Subtask 3, Subtask 4

-> Story 4

2 answers

1 vote
Adrián García González May 14, 2024

Hi, welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Sure, you can use the parentEpic() function to select all issues that are inside the epic(s) you specify in it (including sub-tasks).

Here is an example (where EPIC-1 and EPIC-2 are the keys of the epics):

• parentEpic in (EPIC-1, EPIC-2)

I hope you find it helpful, Best regards!

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Sachin_Argade

just to add to Adrián's answer: If you are frequently dealing with, and navigating through, issue hierarchies in Jira, it might be worth exploring one of the several hierarchy-focused apps in the Atlassian Marketplace.

E.g., I think you might like the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also allows viewing your issues in their default epic/story/sub-task hierarchy in just one click, like so:

default-hierarchy-v3.gif

If required, you can also configure your own issue hierarchies, e.g. based on issue links. This all works in combination with JXL's many other advanced features, such as support for issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events