Do statuses have to have the same name for status rollup synchronization in Structure?

Simon Schaffner September 21, 2016

I am trying to implement status rollup synchronizers in Structure and I am not sure how to make this work exactly.

What I am trying to achieve is the following:

Parent Issue has 6 Statuses, Child has 4. The relationship should look like this:

Parent             Child

Funnel = All children 'Open'

Review = All children 'Open'

Analysis = All children 'Open'

ART Backlog = All children 'Open'

Implementing = At least 1 child 'In Progress' or 'Closed'

Done = All children 'Accepted'

As you can see, none of the Statuses are the same (it's just the way we handle things here). Can I make it work like this? or do corresponding statuses like Done and Accepted have to have the same name?

To calrify: The workflows already exist. Also, we want to be able to move freely between Statuses and not be restricted by predefined workflows. That's why we did not specify any transitions in the workflows of each issuetype. Any status can reach any other status within an issuetype at any given moment.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eugene Sokhransky _ALM Works_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2016

Hello Simon,

Currently the names of the statuses have to match for the rollup to work. Transitions can be different though.

We have a feature request in our backlog for an improved rollup mechanism which gives more flexibility, but we don't have any time frame for it yet. I've added a link to this ticket there, so we'll post an update here as soon as there is some news.

Regards,

Eugene (ALM Works)

Suggest an answer