Do not display issue type on issue create for specific project

Joe Budzowski August 14, 2013

We have a project with a single issue type. When a user is creating an issue and selects that project, we want the issue type select field to not display.

How can this be accomplished?

1 answer

0 votes
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Please clarify:

Are you using On-Demand JIRA or installed JIRA?

What interface do you expect the users to use when they create issues?

• Global "Create Issue" link in JIRA (your question sounds like it is this one, but will you have other options, too?)
  • Email to an email handler that creates issues
  • Issue Collector
  • Direct HTML link to the creation page with project and issue type already specified (which might be a solution to your question, actually)

We are using installed Jira

We disabled lightbox so when you click global Create Issue first screen you see has only Project and Issue type fields. We want to dynamically hide the issue type when user selects the specified project.

Users can also create by right-click the Issues button and picking Create Issue.

We'd like to do the same with that screen.

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

I don't see a way to do that, although I have not looked into customizing the CreateIssue page code.

Are you trying to hide it for only one project but show it for other projects? If so, what is the down-side of letting it show? The users don't have to touch it because there is only one possible entry and that will be selected automatically, right?

I'm closing in on it -

editing

/atlassian/jira/atlassian-jira/secure/views/createissue-start.jsp

lets me put the issue type select in a div that can be made visible or hidden. At this point, having problems adding an onChange event to the 'project' id that would trigger the hide/show.

Regarding 'what is the downside of letting it show' I'm with you. 'Somebody' is complaining that since this project only has one issue type, why do we need to show it. You know how that goes.

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

I understand that. :)

Good luck.

Suggest an answer