Do my Jira and Confluence License counts need to be the same?

If we want to integrate Jira and Confluence but not all users will be using Jira am I able to have different numbers of licensed users for Jira and Confluence?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

No, it may be different. If you will use Jira as userbase, you can manage number of confluence users by managing groups in conlfuence global permissions.

It depends on how you integrate Jira and Confluence for getting your userbase and your definition of your groups, but in the general case the licenses do not need to match.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/80107/user-count-in-confluence-higher-than-jira-user-directory

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/172605/jira-user-counting-as-confluence-user

Andris,

We have confluence now and are looking to add Jira so not sure we can use Jira for our userbase.

We are also moving to an SSO solution so we would no longer use the internal confluence directory.

I sounds like in general they do not have to be the same which is good to know.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

292 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you