Display username and email in custom field

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta February 17, 2016

Is it possible to display the username and/or email in an field (custom or not)?

The user-picker for assignee or Reporter only shows full name which I find annoying.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Luca Poltera July 22, 2021

@Fredrik Ivansson Flinta 

@GabrielleJ 

mb some people would help this also.

If you try to show the e-mail address instead of the username in the notification:

#text($issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_10200").emailAddress)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/e-mail-address-instead-of-username/qaq-p/1747467

If you try to show the full username in the notification:

#authorlink($issue.getCustomFieldValue("customfield_10094").name)

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/How-do-I-display-the-full-name-of-a-user-picker-custom-field-in/qaq-p/491290

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2016

If you really want to use the the JIRA native User Picker field, you just update the display name to contain the username as well... or maybe add the email address as well. I have done this with several JIRA instances that we support.

If you want to use a custom field, you may opt to use a "Scripted Field" and code something that will give what you need.

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta February 17, 2016

Thanks for the tip.

But unfortunately the solution for update the displayname is not possible since my server is connected to an Active Directory with ~170000 users.

I will have a look on a scripted field.

Luca Poltera July 6, 2021

Hi there

Did you solve this with your script?

We are trying to create a email html template with custom-fields. One of this fields should include the e-mail address of the reporter and another field should include the e-mail-address of the assignee. Till now i didnt find any solution. 

BR

Suggest an answer