Display today/yesterday's workerd issues and Tomorrows planned issues

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

Hi,

In Jira, I want to list (or see) the issue for each developer on daily basis as below :

- List the Yesterday's worked issues

- List the today's worked issues

- List the tomorrow's planned task to work on.

Can you please let me know, how to get such information and what are the parameters require to fill up by each developers or any configuration changes.

Thank You

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2012

You could use these "advanced searches" (clicking the "advanced" option in the search page):

today:

updatedDate >= startOfDay() and updatedDate < endOfDay()

yesterday:

updatedDate < -1d AND updatedDate > -2d ORDER BY updatedDate asc

Although this basically counts -24 hours, since UpdatedDate includes timestamp. So you also might see items from the day before yesterday.

tomorrow: Is a somewhat difficult concept if you have no due dates set on your issues.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2012

Thank You for the comments. It will help.

I want Today/Yesterday/Tomorrow's task filter for each user.

Example: Jack's yesterday/today/tomorrow's task list

Alex's yesterday/today/tomorrow's task list

By your above comments, I can get related task, Now, I want to filter for each user.

If I could have "Updated By" field in advance/simple search then it would be possible becuase, Then i can add "Update By" field in advance search query but this field, i could't find in search parameters.

Please let me know your comments.

Other thing:

We will have due date field updated for each issues then, How can we trap tomorrow's Task as you mentioned in your last comments.

Please let me know on this as I need each developer's Tomorrow's planned task list.

Thank You

Alexander Fedtke June 9, 2016

For tomorrow we use due > now() AND due <= 2d

Like # people like this
Paul Wilkinson November 15, 2017

If you only wanted to capture issues that closed in the previous working day and not a rolling 24 hours  try something like updatedDate < -12h AND updatedDate > -36h. Or something like that.

1 vote
Ferran Poveda March 1, 2016

If you log your work, you can use:

<...> AND worklogDate = -1d AND assignee was currentUser() ORDER BY updatedDate ASC

Alternatively, even it isn't perfect, you can use this more generic filter (for finished things):

<...> AND status changed before -1d AND status changed after -2d AND status was <your "in progress" status> AND assignee was currentUser() ORDER BY updatedDate ASC

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 7, 2012

If they are entering the worklogs, you can use JQL Tricks Plugin (paid) to get issues where work was logged on a specific date (using relative dates like -1d as well).

Fot tomorow's planned work, this won't work but you can probably list the assigned issues which are pending!

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

I have also used JQL plugin and all issues has work log updated on daily basis.

I can get the yesterdays' task . But it is not particular for specific user. It gives me all updated tasks which belongs to all users.

I need yesterday's issues updated by specific user. (Updated in sense of , any status update or comments added over the issue or work log added over the issue.)

Please let me know your comment.

Thank You.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

Closing this ticket as logged another ticket for this new question mentioned in last comments for retrieving specific user's worked task.

New ticket: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/94459/yesterday-s-added-worked-log-tasks-or-resolved-inprogress-status-updated-tasks-by-specific-user

Thanks

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

I missed you comment in yesterdays mail flood. You can provide the username also in the queries to limit the worklogs specific to a user. Did you try that?

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

its ok.

Can you please tell me which parameter i have to query to retrieve user specific work log.

it would help if you can paste query for that.

Thank You

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

I couldn't find such parameter.

It would really helps if you can paste the query which list the issues where user worked on or commented at yesterday.

Thank You.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Which version of the plugin are you using? In the latest version, you can try this:

issue in workLoggedOn("-1d","username")

where username is the user's name.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the comment.

it is not existed in my JQL parameter list. Is there require to add some additional plugin to achieve this? I will check my jql version.

Please share the plugin link which provides this parameter if other then JQL and , Is it free or paid.

I also want to get user's yesterday tasks where user has not logged the work but logged the comments. which field should i use to query yesterdays' commented issues ?

another thing, Is it possible to get daily summary or filtered result bit informative as below:

Developer 1 yesterday tasks:

=> commented issues (shows that developer has commented)

=> logged worked issues (shows that develooper worked on these issues)

(suppose, if possible to group or highlight what issues are Fixed by developer and what are still in progress & logged the works)

Please share your comments.

Thank You

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

look like you never had the plugin I was talking about installed. I was talking about a paid plugin (see my original answer). Here is the link.

dhaval soni
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Hi,

if possible to achieve the function of "workLoggedOn" parameter through default JQL parameter as currently, "workLoggedOn" does not appear in my query parameters, then please share its filter query.

Thanks.

Suggest an answer