Display list of Unique Component

Deleted user March 19, 2014

How do you create a search/filter that can be filtered on one of that attributes unquieness.

Example: I have 3 components in my A, B and C
I want a result that returns results like:

B

A, B

B, C

A, C

C

even if there are several issues with component "A, B" and "B, C" I only want it to appear in the list once.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2014

You are mixing up filters with displaying the results. You want a filter that will return all the issues with A or B or C set. A filter is just a filter, it pulls a list of issues that match. It has nothing to say about how you report on that.

On the display side, you want the results to be grouped as shown. There's nothing in Jira that will display a set of results like that at the moment, so you'll have to code something that can group up filter results like that

The closest I can get off-the-shelf is to define 5 separate filters and whack them into five gadgets on a saved dashboard.

Oh, I forgot, if you have the script runner or want to scribble a quick plugin, you could knock up a derived/calculated field that would calculate five separate values from the component list and use that in your reports (still wouldn't change the filter)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events