It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Display issues that were linked to another issue in the past week

Hi all, I am trying to configure my dashboard so that it shows me the number of issues that have been linked to a certain set of issues (those containing a specific label) in the past week (or any time period for that matter).

Background: my team uses one project to track all the bugs we're working to resolve. If another team experiences a problem (with a separate ticket in another project) that is caused by one of the bugs we're working on, they will link their own ticket to the related ticket in our project. I would like to be able to see how many tickets have been linked to each of of our tickets in the past week. This way, I can see a trend of which issues are causing the most trouble recently and prioritize our tickets based on this.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Kieran,

Sadly, WAS operator (The one used to find issues that currently have or previously had the specified value) can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields only, there is no way to make it work with issue links.

Indeed, you cannot retrieve all issues linked for a specific set of issue having a given label unless you manually write down each matching issue key, you need to use a third-party app to do that.

ie. Using JQL Booster Pack (FREE), you can retrieve issues linked to one with a given label using an specific issue link.

issue IN linkedIssuesOf("labels = mylabel", "is caused by")

However, even using a third-party app you cannot split the results within the time (weeks, month, years,..)

Hope this solves your doubts,

Regards

Dang, that's too bad. Thank you for your help!

You're welcome.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you