Display issues that were linked to another issue in the past week

Kieran Buckingham October 31, 2019

Hi all, I am trying to configure my dashboard so that it shows me the number of issues that have been linked to a certain set of issues (those containing a specific label) in the past week (or any time period for that matter).

Background: my team uses one project to track all the bugs we're working to resolve. If another team experiences a problem (with a separate ticket in another project) that is caused by one of the bugs we're working on, they will link their own ticket to the related ticket in our project. I would like to be able to see how many tickets have been linked to each of of our tickets in the past week. This way, I can see a trend of which issues are causing the most trouble recently and prioritize our tickets based on this.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2019

Hi Kieran,

Sadly, WAS operator (The one used to find issues that currently have or previously had the specified value) can be used with the Assignee, Fix Version, Priority, Reporter, Resolution, and Status fields only, there is no way to make it work with issue links.

Indeed, you cannot retrieve all issues linked for a specific set of issue having a given label unless you manually write down each matching issue key, you need to use a third-party app to do that.

ie. Using JQL Booster Pack (FREE), you can retrieve issues linked to one with a given label using an specific issue link.

issue IN linkedIssuesOf("labels = mylabel", "is caused by")

However, even using a third-party app you cannot split the results within the time (weeks, month, years,..)

Hope this solves your doubts,

Regards

Kieran Buckingham November 1, 2019

Dang, that's too bad. Thank you for your help!

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2019

You're welcome.

Suggest an answer