Display epic key

Keti Kvirikashvili December 13, 2018

Hi all,

When I search issues in jira ,(for example,project = "ABC") I  see in which project is this issue, what is the key of this project, Epic link of this project etc 

But I also want to have possibility to see the epic link key

Is this possible ? 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user December 13, 2018

Hi @Keti Kvirikashvili,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to display the epic key (issue key). I found an Atlassian request for the same, you can watch the request to get further updates.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-15878

Regards,
Kishore Kumar Gangavath.

Keti Kvirikashvili December 13, 2018

Thank you! 

Jan_Denny December 4, 2019

Atlassian request JSWSERVER-15878 doesn't really address the request on this thread. The topic of this thread is listed on Atlassian request as only a suggested solution: 

Suggested Solutions for #2

If we can pre-pend the issue key of an Epic to its name for labeling purpose, e.g. KEY-123 - Epic Name, then use this value for Epic Link field and consistently export it regardless of HTML/CSV exports.

0 votes
Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2018

If you have scriptrunner, you could easily create a scripted (custom) field with the Epic key

M0214104 March 23, 2021

Hi Marc

And how do I do that with scriptrunner? I am not experienced in groovy and have no idea how to do that. Could you help me out here maybe?

I want to show the epic key additionally to the epic link.

Regards

Suggest an answer