Display a subtask in several issues

I am wondering if it is possible to accociate a subtask to several issues? I would rather not link/clone the subtask to other issues but display the same subtask within several issues in the subtask area.

My question is related to following use-case:

The homepage of a webshop should be planned within Jira. The content of the homepage changes on a daily basis so the idea is to create an issue for each day. All content areas of the homepage are handled within the issue as an own subtask. But some content areas will stay on the homepage for more than one day. So it would be great if those subtasks would for example occur in the issue homepageplanning July 14 and issue homepageplanning July 15.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Matthias

1 answer

0 votes

No, a subtask belongs to a single parent.  Your use case is fine, but it feels like it has been reflected in JIRA really badly - the content areas sound like components, and "make change to X" should be a new discrete subtask every time you need to change it.

Thanks Nic. So unfortunately it seems I have to work with the linking/cloning functionality.

Yes. It's a bit of a nonsense to have a sub-task belong to more than one parent. They're for breaking up parents into more discrete pieces.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,119 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you