Display a list of issues on a single page

Is there a way to display a list of issues on a single page?

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

You can also change the number of issues displayed per page in your personal user preferences. :)

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team May 02, 2013

Hi Jean

I currently see 50 issues at a time. Is there a way to display all issues at one time?

Yes you can by setting the following in jira-config.properties

jira.search.views.default.max = 100

However, this is not recommended at all. This will potentially cause performance problem of your JIRA instance you are currently running.

For more information on this, you can refer to this documentation: Limiting the number of issues returned from a search view such as an RSS feed

Hopefully it helps!

Cheers :)

Thanks very much for this answer, Daryl.

Daryl Chuah Atlassian Team May 02, 2013

You are always most welcome and if you find my answer is useful and helpful to you, please accept my answers :)

Several, but I sense a deeper requirement here, could you expand on what you're looking for?

By the way - the "several" means that you define a filter to find your issues, then look at it in issue navigator - there are several different "views" with different output formats. But I ask for more information because I suspect you've tried them and not found something close to what you actually need.

Thanks for your explanation. I currently see 50 issues at a time. Is there a way to display all issues at one time? Sometimes it's helpful to see everything, for example, when you want to do a search using your browser's search function.

Not really - if you're trying to get thousands of issues, then you'll be putting unnecessary load on the system and generally searches returning more than a handful of issues aren't actually useful to us humans (it's too much to process).

The "xml" view would include everything, if your browser renders it internally, but it's horrid to read.

It would probably be faster and safer to refine your search.

Hi Jean,

I've gotten around this by Viewing in Excel. The trick here is that there is a 1000 item max limit. You can temporarily get around this:

In "View" right click the Excel option, then copy the URL.

Paste the url into your browser window and edit the variable "?tempMax=1000"

For example:

http://jira.companyxyz.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-current-fields/11335/SearchRequest-11335.xls?tempMax=1000

Could be changed to

http://jira.companyxyz.com/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-current-fields/11335/SearchRequest-11335.xls?tempMax=10000

Then you can use Exel's search functions to sort through your data.

I'm sure there are more sophisticated ways, but that's what I've done in a pinch.

Just be aware that the limit is there for a reason - this puts a heavy load on Jira and going over the limit can really damage your performance while it runs.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

229 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you