Display a gadget with Epic completeness ?

Toncheva_ Mirela _BG_ May 18, 2023

Hello all

is there a way to display in a dashboard gadget Epics stage of completion, like in a bar similar to a roadmap ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 23, 2023

Hi @Toncheva_ Mirela _BG_,

I'm not personally aware of a built-in gadget, but if you are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, you'll find options there. E.g., my team and I work on an app in which this should be easy to do, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a number of advanced features, including support for (configurable) issue hierarchies, as well as sum-ups. With these, you can build a view like this in just a couple of clicks:

epic-sum-up-story-status.gif

As you can see, this view is fully interactive, meaning that you can work on your issues directly in JXL (but also trigger various operations in Jira, or export your data to CSV or Excel in just a click). Note that JXL can do much more than that: From support for bulk editing via copy/paste, to issue grouping by any issue field(s), or conditional formatting.

I should add that JXL doesn't currently offer a dashboard gadget (but will do so, soon) - but many of our customers simply use a JXL sheet as a "de-facto dashboard".

As said above, there may be other apps that can help with this, too. You may already know that you can trial any app for free for 1 month, and depending on the size of your size, it may be free forever. So if an app is an option for your, perhaps try a few and see which works best for you.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders