Display Initiative name and features assigned to particular team

siva karamcheti July 21, 2021

Hi,

I am from Team A. 

I work on Features related to Initiatives from Team B, Team C, Team D.

1 feature from Team B, 2 from Team C and 2 from Team D are assigned to my Team A.

How do i display board showing Initiative and features assigned to my team under on a board.

I am able to create board that shows all parent initiatives of features my team is working on

I am able to create board that shows all features my team is working on.

Basically, I want to combine both to show a view of initiative name and features under it that are assigned to my team.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 vote
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

Hi, @siva karamcheti. It sounds like you may be using SAFe with Jira?  Unfortunately, I think most people would agree "as is" Jira needs a little help to implement SAFe. In fact, Atlassian acquired a company to address this need. The resulting product — Jira Align — supports cases like yours (and then some), but not exactly as you describe.  Have a look.

In addition, there are a number of Atlassian Marketplace apps people use to help them implement SAFe with Jira. The ones I see most frequently are:

• BigPicture
  • Structure for Jira (full disclosure, my company's product — with Structure you can create "Structure boards" of your own design, including SAFe-friendly boards)

Not seen (by me) very frequently, but specifically designed for SAFe is AgileHive.

I hope this helps and good luck,

-dave 

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

@siva karamcheti 

It all depends on the structure and what you can filter on.  If you have an initiative is the feature a subtask of the initiative or is it linked in any way?  Are you using any type of component or label to identify your work or are you just dragging the work to the board?

Suggest an answer