Disabling subtask creation

Hello Everybody,

I want to figure out how to how to disable subtask creation for certian types (e.g. Bug). I'm not even sure if this is even possable. If there is a plugin for this that would be perfict but if anybody could help point me in the right direction on were to start i would be much apreciated.

Thank you for your time

4 answers

1 accepted

The solution we went with was this:

1. Disable the 'View Issue Ops Bar Create Subtask Link' module of the 'Issue Operations' system plugin.

2. Add a web-item to the operations-top-level section which looks something like this:

<web-item key="addnewfeaturebug" name="New Feature Bug Action" section="operations-top-level" weight="10">
        <label>Raise Bug</label>
        <context-provider class="com.ciboodle.jira.plugins.AddNewFeatureBugLinkProvider" />
        <link linkId="addnewfeaturebug_link">/secure/CreateSubTaskIssue.jspa?parentIssueId=$issue.id&pid=$pid&issuetype=$issueTypeId</link>
        <condition class="com.ciboodle.jira.plugins.IssueAllowsSubTasks" />
    </web-item>

This creates a button on the View Issue screen of those issues which we have decided to permit sub-tasks for which when clicked goes to the URL to create a sub-task of a specified type linked to the current issue.

The context-provider class supplies the values for $issue, $issueTypeId and $pid. The condition class determines which issue type(s) get this button.

Very interesting I am going to give this a shot. Thank you for the info.

In case it isn't clear, the class 'IssueAllowsSubTasks' is an implementation of com.atlassian.plugin.web.Condition and 'AddNewFeatureBugLinkProvider' is an implementation of com.atlassian.jira.plugin.webfragment.contextproviders.AbstractJiraContextProvider.

The implementations are pretty trivial :-)

0 vote
Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jun 05, 2012

Hi Josh,

you have to create a new issue type scheme. In this scheme, you can enable all the types you want to allow for your projects. If you don't allow a subtask here, there is no subtask in your project.

After you have created this scheme, adjust it to your project. That's all.

Best regards

Thomas

0 vote

Sorry, misunderstood your question. I have deleted my answer.

0 vote

Hi Josh,

there's a quite old feature request for this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7990

Maybe you can vote for it

Best regards

Thomas

I've corrected the link. Copy and Paste added a tiny little dot after the link ;-)

Perfict it works now thank you!

When I clicked on the link it said it was deleted :( . thank you anyway

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

125 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you