Disabling ability to change fix version in Jira

Stephane Renou September 27, 2012

Hello,

In greenhopper I can easily disable the right to anyone to change the fix version field, but they would allways be able to edit the issue in Jira and change those values.

Issue scheduling permission does not seem to do the trick, could there be a way to disable that to anyone?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

Changing fixVersion is driven by "Resolve Issue" permission. Try that.

Stephane Renou September 30, 2012

thanks for the tip. My concern is that I want to allow my developpers ability to resolve issues, but I don't want them to change the target release in which an issue is supposed to be fixed, so I would need I guess two permissions (one to fix and one to schedule).

If I want an issue to be fixed in release 10.1 only a handful of people should be able to change that target release.

Would there be any other path than using the permission just to manage the ability for someone to plan a feature in a certain release?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

Unfortunately, no. But you can work around it. You can use the 'Resolve' permission to decide who can set the fixVersion, since you don't have a choice.

But you can modify your workflows to not use the same permission while resolving issues. You can use another permission or use specific groups or project roles to limit who can resolve the issues.

Stephane Renou October 9, 2012

I have created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-30045 to ask atlassian to split the permission to avoid the need to use that workaround

0 votes
David Sutton April 9, 2014

The problem I'm looking to solve is to prevent developers from setting the fixversion on bugs while still allowing them to set the fixversion on tasks and sub-tasks, stories and so on, and still allowing them to resolve all of those different issue types too.

Solved with JJupin plugin. https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.jjupin

string[] groups = {"jira-administrators", "jira-teamleads", "product-management"};

if (project == "XXX" && type == "Bug" && !userInGroup(groups, currentUser())) {

lfDisable("fixVersions");

}

Suggest an answer