Disable regular login and enforce office365 sso

Aneesh January 17, 2020

Hi,

We would like to enforce that our employees use Office365 SSO option to access Jira and disable their ability to set/use their own passwords in Jira.

Basically, if they open our Jira's login page i.e. below, they should only get the option to login through Microsoft and no other option.

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 4.50.53 PM.png

Can you please suggest the best way to do this?

2 answers

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

What you are after is not really possible 100%.

With Atlassian Access, any SAML configuration, including o365 will be enforced for users from your organisation only (i.e. with email domains that you control). If you have users with other emails in the Cloud instance - the rules of THEIR organisations will apply.

This however will only happen AFTER they enter their user-id (i.e. their email) in the login form. Login with Google and Login with Microsoft buttons are "shortcuts" that are not enforced, they will still remain and can't be hidden. So is the "sign up for the account" - people will have this option though going via that with an arbitrary email won't necessarily give them access to your instance.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2020

Hi Anessh,

I have investigated this a bit but have not yet implemented. To the best of my knowledge you will need Access for this. You can review this article - saml-single-sign-on 

Suggest an answer