Disable option to edit Xray Test Steps

oliver.schulz April 13, 2023

hi,

we use the Xray Add-on for our test management.

Is it possible to 'freeze' the xray fields (test steps) in a ticket? Maybe combined with the ticket status, e.g. you can't edit a closed test.

Like the jira.issue.editable setting for the default jira fields.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2023

Hi @oliver.schulz 

you could indeed use the following workflow property at any specific workflow status:

jira.permission.edit.denied

It kinda looks ugly as it let´s you do changes but throwing an error when trying to save but it does the work (avoid changes on closed tickets).

Best
Stefan

oliver.schulz April 18, 2023

oh I didn't realize that this setting already include the xray fields ... thanks!

Stefan Mengele August 7, 2023

Hi, i have the same issue and set already the "jira.permission.edit.denied"  flag in the workflow for Jira ticket status "DONE". The result is that i can not change my ticket entries but still the test status of the xray add on from "PASSED" to any status. 08-08-_2023_08-43-27.jpg

Can I prevent to change the test status in the "Done" status of the Jira ticket?

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2023

Hi @Stefan Mengele 

apparently it´s not the same issue. The original post was about "preventing test steps to be edited within a test case issue when test case is in status done".

The problem you describe is "preventing test runs to be changed within a test execution issue when the test execution issue in status done".

Is that correct?

Best
Stefan

Stefan Mengele August 14, 2023

Hi,

yes, this is correct, for me this was the same I what to block all ticket changes after setting the ticket to done included all xray options/status etc..

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 14, 2023

Hi @Stefan Mengele 

I´ll post this as a seperate answer as it covers another context. In general a new question should be created if it´s not exactly the same issue (in your case it was another issue type and another section of an issue). 

I know it´s not always that obvious and it can be confusing (especially in the context of XRAY) as those issue types behave differently and eg. the test execution issue contains of test runs, which is a section of "objects" that lives within xray and test executions but they are not native jira issue on their own =S

sooo....regarding your question:

1. If you would like to have all native fields of your test execution issue prevented from being edited then the workflow property as described above is the way to go. As mentioned this covers all jira native issue fields but not the test run. therefore -->
  2. there is an option in the project settings/xray/misc to disallow executions/runs within a specific workflow status (see screenshot). This will prevent any test runs in the test execution issue to be run 

image.png

Hope this was helpful and solved your problem. If so: Please hit the accept button.

Best
Stefan

Stefan Mengele August 14, 2023

Hi, this was exactly what I need, thank you so much

Like Stefan Salzl likes this

Suggest an answer